Poha is a popular Maharashtrian breakfast recipe made from red or white flattened rice, herbs and spices. The popular variation of poha recipes are made by including either potato or onion or both potatoes and onion. So let’start the recipe of poha.
Ingredients For Poha Recipe
- white flattened rice/red rice poha.
- lots of chopped onions
- raw peanuts .
- green chillies
- curry leaves,
- mustard seeds,
- turmeric powder,
- lemon juice
- some oil.
- Garnish with lots of coriander leaves, grated coconut and sev. You can use pomegranate pearls as well.
Tips To Make Best Poha Recipe At Home
- Clean and wash the flattened rice well.
- For the thick variety of poha, always soak it in water for a minute.
- Always, strain the poha well into strainer, before you start cooking it.
- If you are using thin variety poha, then rinse it very well. Now, press the grain to see if it crushes easily. Once it is moist, proceed to cook it. If not, then sprinkle some water, mix and set it aside.
How To Make Poha Recipe – Step By Step
To Cook Poha:
- To begin with, first, clean and wash rice poha and soak it for a minute along with little salt.
- After a minute, strain the poha and keep it aside.
- then, in a pan or kadai, heat oil. Firstly, add mustard seeds and allow it to crackle.
- Then, add curry leaves, green chillies and fry for another few seconds.
- Add raw peanuts and fry until it’s golden in colour and doesn’t get burnt.
- Then, add onions and sauté until they turn soft and pink.
- Add turmeric, lemon juice and salt, mix well and cook for another 30 seconds.
- add red rice poha, sugar and mix, cook for another 1 minute only.
- Finally, garnish kanda poha with coriander leaves and coconut some pomegranate pearl. Dish out and top with sev, serve hot.