Aloo Chaat is a delicious, popular Indian street food item. This aloo chaat recipe is made with fried potatoes and topped with sev, pomegranate seeds, and green chutney.
I love chaat, and I like trying new types of chaat all the time. Today I’m sharing with you, one of my favourites: Aloo Chaat. This is a delicious, tangy spicy chaat that’s full of flavours and texture. I think that’s the best part about chaat, the different textures in each bite.
SO WHAT IS ALOO CHAAT?
Aloo Chaat is a popular street food snack, that’s made with boiled (and then fried) potatoes. It’s cooked with a handful of tangy spices and delicious green chutney. And then it’s topped with all sorts of deliciousness such as pomegranate, chopped coriander, sev and even more green chutney!
HOW DO YOU MAKE THIS ALOO CHAAT HEALTHY?
Traditionally, the potatoes in Aloo Chaat are deep-fried. But I fry them in just a bit of oil in this recipe, so this recipe is fairly healthy.
However, you can reduce the oil even more to make a healthy aloo chaat. Just be sure to use a non-stick frying pan!
For the preparation of aloo chaat:
- 4 Potatoes medium size, boiled, peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp Onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 Green chilli finely chopped
- Green Chutney
- Meethi Chutney
- ½ tsp Roasted Cumin powder
- ½ tsp Coriander seeds roasted and coarsely crushed
- Chilli flakes or red chilli powder as required
- Chaat masala for sprinkling
- Lemon juice as needed
- Pomegranate as needed
- 1-2 tbsp Oil
- Black salt to taste
- Fine Sev as needed
How to make aloo chaat:
- To begin with, In a pan, heat oil. Once the oil is hot, add potatoes.
- Then, shallow fry them until they are golden and crisp. You can also deep fry them if needed.
- In a bowl, add fried potatoes, black salt, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, green chillies and lemon juice. Toss them well.
- Dish out the tossed potatoes in serving bowls or plate.
- Top it with green chutney and meethi chutney.
Finally, sprinkle onions and chaat masala and top the spicy aloo chaat with sev, pomegranate seeds and coriander leaves. Serve immediately